By Ken Getz
1. Queries -- 2. types -- three. stories -- four. constructing and dispensing functions -- five. Taming Your Printer -- 6. handling facts -- 7. Exploring VBA in Microsoft entry -- eight. Optimizing Your program -- nine. profiting from Your person Interface -- 10. Multiuser purposes -- eleven. The home windows API -- 12. Automation -- thirteen. utilizing facts entry Pages -- 14. operating with SQL Server facts "Paperback: 720 pages writer: O'Reilly; 1 variation (February, 2002) ISBN: 0596000847 Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.0 x 1.3 inches entry Cookbook incorporates a complete choice of difficulties, ideas, and functional examples for the Acce
Read Online or Download Access cookbook PDF
Best databases books
Relational databases carry facts, correct? They certainly do, yet to think about a database as not anything greater than a box for facts is to overlook out at the profound energy that underlies relational expertise. a much more robust state of mind lies in relational applied sciences origin within the mathematical disciplines of common sense and set theory.
Databases include truths or propositions describing a few niche reminiscent of a enterprise. these truths are prepared into units. Operations from common sense and set idea will be utilized to current units of truths to derive new units of truths. utilized arithmetic for Database execs introduces you to this manner of considering, to the common sense and set conception that underlies relational database know-how. All this can sound summary now, yet there are profound advantages from the deeper realizing you'll achieve from this ebook. You'll learn how to
* develop into a greater database dressmaker. You'll make fewer error, and your designs should be extra versatile according to altering information needs.
* Use the expressive strength of arithmetic to exactly specify designs and enterprise rules.
* speak successfully approximately layout utilizing the common language of mathematics.
* strengthen and write advanced SQL statements with confidence.
* stay away from pitfalls and difficulties from universal relational bugaboos equivalent to null values and copy rows.
The math that you just study during this booklet will positioned you above the extent of figuring out of such a lot database execs this present day. You'll greater comprehend the expertise and manage to practice it extra successfully. You'll keep away from info anomalies like redundancy and inconsistency. realizing whats during this booklet will take your mastery of relational expertise to heights you'll now not have idea possible.
This publication is reviewed and recommended through C. J. Date and lines a foreword by means of the same.
Your organizational database is barely pretty much as good because the strategic facts you could extract from it. Do consumers who purchase breakfast cereal in general purchase bananas in addition? Is there a correlation among rainfall in a specific zone and the superiority of a selected sickness there? facts Mining with Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Technical Reference indicates the right way to use Microsoft's research instruments for big databases.
The hot variation of the profitable prior model is 25 percentage revised and jam-packed with greater than 2 hundred pages of latest fabric at the 2008 free up of SQL Server Integration companies (SSIS)Renowned writer Brian Knight and his specialist coauthors express builders the way to grasp the 2008 liberate of SSIS, that's either extra strong and extra advanced than everCase reviews and educational examples obtained over the 3 years because the past version will give a contribution to assisting illustrate complex innovations and techniquesNew chapters contain assurance of information warehousing utilizing SSIS, new equipment for handling the SSIS platform, and stronger recommendations for ETL operations
- IBM Cognos 8 Business Intelligence: The Official Guide
- Introduction to Oracle9i - PL SQL Student Guide Vol 1
- Effective MySQL Replication Techniques in Depth
- Microsoft Office Access 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
Additional info for Access cookbook
The form-based parameter query, qryAlbumsPrm2 Discussion When you add a parameter to the criteria of a query, Access knows that it needs to resolve that parameter at runtime. You must either reference a control on a form or enter a prompt surrounded by square brackets to let Access know you wish to use a parameter. If you don't use the brackets, Access will interpret the entry as a text string. When Access runs a query, it checks to see if there are any parameters it needs to resolve. It first attempts to obtain the value from the underlying tables.
You'll learn how to restrict the mouse movement to a specific area on the screen, how to run another program from your VBA code, and how to wait until that program is done before continuing. We'll demonstrate a method for exiting Windows under program control and how to retrieve information about your Access installation and the current Windows environment. The possibilities are endless once you start diving into the Windows API, and this chapter is an excellent place to start. Chapter 12 This chapter gives you examples of using Automation to interact with most of the Microsoft Office applications.
NET component from an Access application. NET objects returned by some web services. NET. NET application. Chapter 18 One of the strengths of Access is its ability to work with data from many disparate sources. XML has emerged as a dominant standard for exchanging data between applications, and Access now enables you to work with this data. In this chapter you'll learn how to import and export XML data and schema, and how you can use XSLT to reformat XML data. For example, you'll see how to use XML technologies to export a report to an HTML or ASP Web page, preserving the look and feel of the original Access report.
Access cookbook by Ken Getz